We will always try to keep school open. However, there can be occasions when severe weather can cause disruption to travel, most commonly occurring to snowfall.
If Birmingham City Council make a blanket decision to close all schools, this will be announced on BBC Radio WM, Free Radio and Heart FM at around 6.45am. It will also be posted on their website - www.birmingham.gov.uk.
Always assume the school is open. If a decision to close (due to severe weather) is made, the following will apply:
- We will update our website as soon as a decision is made
- An Arbor email alert will be sent to parents/carers
- Local radio stations will be notified
To ensure that our telephone system does not become clogged with traffic, could we please ask that you do not phone the school office:
- Please visit the school website as this can be updated very quickly and will display the most up to date news
- Ensure that we have your current email address so that a message can be sent to you
If our school is not able to open because of burst pipes, flooding, heating failure, staff shortages or dangerous driving conditions around school, the local radio stations will be informed of any closure and when we expect school to re-open. Any announcement will be put on our website by 7:30am. Unless you read on the website, hear on the radio, receive a message, or we have written to you to say that school is closed, we will be open.