Turves Green Primary School works with CityServe to provide good value, nutritionally based school meals. As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and children have a variety of choices of vegetables, salad and fruit each day. Menus are on a three week rota. Examples of some of the menus are shown in the slideshow.
- Dinners cost £2.35 per day (£11.75 a week) for Key Stage 2 children.
- Dinners are free for all children in Reception and Key Stage 1 as of September 2014.
Dinner money needs to be paid in advance on ParentPay each week, although some parents choose to pay in advance for each half term.
Some children are eligible for free school meals for families in receipt of certain benefits. You can check your eligibility, using the link below;
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches need to include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich, crackers or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- A small dessert (such as a cake bar or biscuit).
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD INTO SCHOOL WITH FIZZY DRINKS.
Please read our Healthy Eating Leaflet or contact the school office for more advice or information.